We usually believe that in order to exercise, we must go to a gym or gym. Nothing further from reality! At home, in a park or even at work we have the possibility of physical activity. In this article, we tell you about the best exercises to do on the stairs. You will no longer have excuses.
Exercises that can be done on stairs
On the steps of our house or, if we encourage, in the work (for example, at lunch) we can work both the legs and the arms. Pay attention to the following exercises to do on the stairs that allow you to train the upper limbs:
- Lean forward and rest your palms on a step.
- Stretch your legs and keep them parallel to the floor.
- Bend your elbows and bring your head forward, being careful not to hit the top rung.
- This exercise will work the shoulders, triceps, and pectorals. It’s easier than doing push-ups on the floor!
- Do 20 repetitions.
2. Wallpapers with arms
This is an excellent exercise to work your triceps and abs.
- Put your back to the ladder and support the palms of your hands on one of the steps.
- Bring your arms back and straighten your legs.
- Bend your elbows and lower your pelvis until you almost touch the floor. Do 20 repetitions.
Who said that you cannot work your abs on a ladder? In this case, you should perform the isometric or also called horizontal stabilization. “Abdominal Bridge” is more than effective.
- To begin with, face down.
- Elevate the body so that the only supports are the tips of the feet and the forearms.
- Lower your back so the body is parallel to the floor.
- Keep this posture as long as you can (at least 30 seconds).
- Rest and start again.
Exercises to do on stairs: lower limbs
To be able to put together a complete routine of exercises in the stairs cannot miss the series to work the lower extremities:
1. Raise with one leg
It is perfect for working the buttocks and quadriceps, as well as to increase the muscles of the legs. It’s very simple.
- Stand on a step and make as if you were climbing but, instead of supporting the foot on the next step, raise the knee.
- Return to the starting position and repeat with the other leg.
- Do 10 repetitions on each side.
2. Alternating legs climbing
This exercise is similar to the previous one but includes climbing the stairs step by step.
- Instead of doing it normally, each time you take a step, raise your knee.
- The goal is to practice it very clearly and go alternating the climb with each leg.
- In addition to toning, you will work balance and coordination.
- Do 10 repetitions with each side.
3. Climbing with both legs
You will have to make small jumps with the legs together to climb step by step. The movement must also be very marked.
- Try to support your feet by jumping and knees as close to your chest as possible.
- As you descend, do a squat, bringing your glutes back and arms forward.
- Repeat 10 times.
4.Download with jumps
Not all climbing exercises on the stairs. We can also perform some descending each step. For example, through jumps with both legs (similar to the previous one). You can combine up and down by jumping.
15-Minute Routine to Do on the Stairs
If you want to lose weight or tone your muscles, you can take advantage of and climb any ladder you find. With just 15 minutes per day, you burn about 120 calories (it all depends on how hard you perform the exercises).
You may also like to read: 5 exercises to lose belly at home
You can, in turn, add weight when you have practiced for at least two consecutive weeks: dumbbells, backpacks, folders, water bottles … Everything is allowed. Put on good shoes and do the following routine:
Raise and lower steps
- It’s very simple. You only have to ascend and descend step by step to warm up.
- The goal is that the movements are fast and energetic. It will take you 3 minutes.
Climb up two steps
- The second exercise is done in 4 minutes and consists of taking steps or longer strides to climb from two steps and alternating legs.
- When you reach the top of the stairs go down slowly to a step.
Go up two steps and go down one
With the duration of 3 minutes, start as the previous exercise, taking a long step to climb two steps and then descends only one.
Continue to finish the ladder and descend normally.
Jogging up and down
- They are 2 minutes of ascension and descent energetic (to an intensity greater than the first exercise).
- You should come up as if you were jogging.
- Lift your knees and bring them to your chest.
- The last exercise is 3 minutes long and is divided into a minute and a half per side.
- Put yourself on the side and carefully climb the steps one by one.
You May Also Like this Blog